Places to Visit in India in Monsoon Season
1) Leh Ladakh: – The land of Lamas, Ladakh is one of the most famous destinations in India to travel in summer and monsoon season. The beautiful place is located in the lap of Himalayan ranges of Jammu & Kashmir. It is situated on the banks of Indus River at an altitude of 3,505 meters above sea level. One can explore the ancient Buddhist culture and catch the glimpse of Tibetan architectural style in the monuments of the city. Highway to Leh Ladakh opens up in May and close in November. The best season to visit Leh Ladakh is Monsoon season if you want to avoid the crowd in Leh. Leh Ladakh is the most loved place for nature and adventure lover. The place has beautiful snow-covered mountains, lakes, rivers, temples, Monasteries, Buddhist culture and Tradition. There are two different routes to reach Leh Ladakh, one is via Sri Nagar and another one is via Manali. Usually, people prefer to go Leh Ladakh via Sri Nagar and come back via Manali. Both the routes are beautiful and adventurous. One can catch the glimpse of the breathtaking Himalayan Mountains on their way to Leh Ladakh.
Leh Ladakh is well connected to the major cities of India. Delhi to Leh is approx 1260 kilometres via Sri Nagar and 1200 kilometres via Manali. The famous destinations in Leh Ladakh are Leh Palace, Pangong Tso, Hall of Fame, Gurdwara Pathar Sahib, Thiksey Monastery, Deskit Monastery, Tso Moriri Lake, Nubra Valley, Magnetic Hill, Lamayuru Monastery, Hemis Monastery, Namgyal Monastery, Suru Valley, Shanti Stupa, etc. One can see the different places on their way to Leh Ladakh via Sri Nagar and Manali. So this Monsoon season visits Leh Ladakh by road and experiences the thrilling rides from breathtaking mountains.
2) Kerala: – Kerala is an exotic destination located in the Southwest corner of India. The city is referred to as God’s own country. The beautiful place is blessed with majestic sights of beaches, hills, waterfalls, plantation, paddy fields and historical monuments. These beautiful sights and rich Flora and Fauna have made Kerala one of the most sought tourist destinations in India. Kerala has its own rich culture and tradition. Kerala is a 100% literate state of India with the most advanced society and the world-class healthcare system. Kerala’s Kathakali dance is one of the most famous dance styles in India noted for attractive makeup, colourful costumes, body gestures and postures of characters. Malayalam is the official language of Kerala. Kerala is the serene and peaceful state where one can enjoy enchanting art forms and magical festivals.
The serene environment and beautiful beaches attract thousands of tourists from all over the world to colourful Kerala every year. Kerala is well connected to all the major cities of India. Delhi is approx 2700 km from Kerala and if you want to enjoy your trip then you should visit Kerala by road and enjoy the beautiful route. The most famous cities in Kerala are Kochi, Thiruvananthapuram, Kozhikode, Munnar, Varkala, Cochin. Famous tourist attractions in Kerala are Fort Kochi, Periyar National Park, Tea Gardens (Munnar), Kerala Backwaters, Guruvayur Temple, Sree Padmanabhaswamy Temple, Vadakkunnathan Temple, Athirappilly Waterfalls, Kashi Art Gallery, Poovar Island, Chottanikkara Bhagavathy Temple, Attukal Bhagavathy Temple, Chottanikkara Bhagavathy Temple, Padmanabhapuram Palace, Bekal Fort, Lighthouse Beach, Kovalam Beach, Banasura Sagar Dam, Thirunelli Temple, etc. This is not enough about the beauty of Kerala and if you want to explore Kerala more then you have to visit there during this monsoon season.
3) Goa: – Goa is a dream place of every Indian, We all want to go this beautiful place with our friends and enjoy our holidays. Goa is one of the most famous tourist destinations in India which receives millions of tourists every year from all over the world. Goa is one of the smallest states located in the southwestern region of India. The northern part of Goa is bounded by Maharashtra, the eastern and southern part is bounded by Karnataka and its western part is bounded by the beautiful Arabian Sea. Panaji is the capital of Goa. One can catch the glimpse of Portuguese culture in the historic city of Margao. Goa is divided into two districts namely, south Goa and North Goa. The headquarters of North district is Panaji while south district headquarter is Margao. Beaches are the main attraction of Goa and because of these beautiful beaches, Goa is the most visited place by domestic as well as international tourists. Goa is one of the richest states of India. Goa is famous for its vibrant culture, unique traditions, Goan Carnival, sunburn festival, delicious seafood, etc.
Goa has the best hotels and resorts for tourist relaxation and accommodation such as beach resorts and star category hotels. One can easily find accommodation in luxury as well as standard budget hotels in Goa. Goa has beautiful places of attractions such as Basilica de Bom Jesus (Church), Agonda Beach, Cavelossim Beach, Fort Aguada, Chapora Fort, Church of St. Francis of Assisi, Dudhsagar Waterfalls, Palolem Beach, Mandrem Beach, Varca Beach, Benaulim Beach, Arambol Beach, Ashwem Beach, etc. That is not enough description of this beautiful place. So what are you waiting for, plan a trip to Goa with your friends and family in this monsoon season? You can reach Goa by road and enjoy the most memorable journey of your life.
4) Rajasthan: – Rajasthan is one of the most colourful and beautiful states of India. It is a city of ancient forts and palaces and these palaces describe the rich culture and ancient traditions of Rajasthan. The city was formed in 1949 when all princely states merged into India. It is the largest state of India which covers 10.4% of India’s total area. The state is located on the North-Western side of India. It is bounded by the oldest mountain ranges, Aravalli ranges. Most famous desert, ‘Thar Desert’ covers a major portion of Rajasthan and the desert is known as The Great Indian Desert. The Thar Desert shares its border with a beautiful neighbour country ‘Pakistan’. Rajasthan is a land of amazing forts, palaces, monuments colourful festivals and that’s why the city is known as ‘the land of Kings’. The Pink city Jaipur is the capital of Rajasthan. Rajasthan is an incredibly beautiful state of India. Most spoken language in Rajasthan is Hindi and Rajasthani. Rajasthan has two major tiger reserves, Ranthambore and Sariska Reserve. The city is well connected to the major states of India via railways, airways and roadways. Rajasthan has only one hill station named Mount Abu which is located in the lap of Aravalli ranges.
The most famous cities in Rajasthan are Udaipur, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Bikaner, Kota, Ajmer, Mount Abu and Sawai Madhopur. One of the most famous Jain temples of the world named ‘Dilwara temple’ is also located in Rajasthan. The place has its own music and dance culture. The ghoomar and Kalbeliya dance of Rajasthan is world-famous. Folk music of Rajasthan is amazing and you will feel relaxed after listening Rajasthani folk song. Rajasthan is the best place to visit in the monsoon season because it receives a good rainfall during monsoon and temperature remains pleasant during day time. So you can plan to visit Rajasthan this monsoon season. Top places to visit in Rajasthan are Jaipur, Udaipur, Jodhpur, Jaisalmer, Bikaner, Pushkar, Chittorgarh, Alwar and Mount Abu.
5) Shimla: – Shimla is the capital of Himachal Pradesh, India located in the northwestern Himalayas at an altitude of approx 6988 ft above sea level. Shimla is one of the most famous hill stations in India know as the queen of hills. It was known to be summer capital of British Raj in India in 1864. The beauty of Shimla attracts thousands of tourists every year to enjoy their holidays. Shimla is the best place to visit in every season whether its summer, winter or Monsoon season. Summers are pleasant and enjoyable, winters are freezing cold but you can enjoy snowfall in winter seasons. Shimla receives rain in Monsoon season but if you want to avoid crowd, costly accommodation and food then Monsoon is the best season to visit in Shimla. The place looks so amazing, it seems like God had created Shimla by painting it perfectly. The place is a god gift and the charm of Shimla is different and adorable which we cannot find anywhere.
The centre of attraction in Shimla is its grand old buildings, colonial Aura, malls, market shops etc. Some of the best places to visit in Shimla is Jakhoo hill, The Shimla State Museum, Kufri, Summer hill, Annandale, Tara Devi temple, The mall, Green valley, Kali Bari temple, Shimla Christ church, The ridge of Shimla. This is not enough which is elaborated about the beauty of Shimla. If you want to explore the beauty of Shimla then you can reach there by Air, car and road. The city is well connected to the rest of our country. If you want to catch the enchanting beauty of hills and valleys then you can reach Shimla by road and catch the breathtaking views of Himalayan Mountains.
6) Valley of Flowers, Uttarakhand: – Valley of flowers is a beautiful Indian national park located in the lap of west Himalayan Mountains in Uttarakhand, India. It is situated at an altitude approx 3660 meters above sea level in Bhyundar valley. The valley of flowers was incidentally discovered by Franks S. Smythe and R. L. Holdsworth in 1931. There are beautiful waterfalls, glaciers, mountains, valleys and forests on the route to Valley of flowers. There are different varieties of flowers and endangered wildlife animals such as brown deer, red fox, snow leopard, blue sheep, Musk deer, Asiatic black beer, etc. Not only animals this place is home many beautiful birds also. It seems like a virtual paradise on Earth with beautiful sights. It is declared as a National Park in 1982 and now it is a world heritage site. Valley of flowers has various varieties of beautiful flowers which attracts thousands of tourists every year in monsoon season.
This fairyland is bounded by snowy Himalayan Mountains and glittering glaciers. So if you are planning a trip in this monsoon season then Valley of flowers id one of the best season to visit in Monsoon. You will definitely enjoy your monsoon season in the laps of Himalayan Mountains among charming flowers. One can enjoy their Monsoon season away from a daily hectic life in Valley of Flowers. You can hire a taxi from India Taxi Online for Valley of flowers and enjoy the breathtaking views of Himalayan Mountains on your route to Valley of flowers.
7) Jammu & Kashmir: – Kashmir is the crown of our India. Kashmir is the most versatile place on earth and it is also known as the heaven of the earth because of its magnificent beauty. Jammu & Kashmir is located in the Himalayan ranges of North India. Jammu Kashmir shares its international border with China, Afghanistan and Pakistan. Jammu & Kashmir consists of three popular regions Jammu, Kashmir valley and Ladakh. Sri Nagar is the capital of Kashmir and summer capital of India. Thousands of tourists visit Kashmir during Monsoon and summer season. Jammu is a famous pilgrimage centre of India where thousands of pilgrims visit every year to worship Vaishno Devi. Ladakh is also a very famous tourist destination of India famously known as ‘little Tibet’ because of its Tibetan culture and Buddhist Monasteries. Jammu & Kashmir is the only state with the highest Muslim community population. One can experience the beauty of Islamic culture in Kashmir. Kashmir is surrounded by the highest mountains peaks in the world.
Kashmir is the dream place for everyone. One must visit this paradise once in their life to see the real beauty and diversities of Nature. Kashmir has different Flora, Fauna, climate, cultures and tradition. We can see differences in culture, religions, languages and ethical codes in Kashmir. The best part of Jammu & Kashmir is its lakes and beautiful valley. You can hire a taxi from India Taxi online and enjoy the breathtaking views on the route to Jammu & Kashmir. The city is well connected to the major states if India. So what are you waiting for, just book a car for Jammu & Kashmir and enjoy your journey to the paradise of Earth?
8) Ooty: – Udhagamandalam which abbreviated as Ooty or Udhagai is a famous hill station of India known as ‘The queen of hills’. Ooty is the capital of Nilgiri district situated at an altitude of approx 7500 feet above sea level. Ooty is a pleasant and amazing destination of India which receives thousands of tourists every year in the Monsoon season. Ooty is one of the best places in India to enjoy Monsoon season in the lap of nature. This place is a blend of beautiful meadows, forests, waterfalls, lakes and breathtaking mountains. Ooty is a land of dreams with beautiful picturesque mountains. It is located approx 100 kilometres from Coimbatore. This popular hill station is located in the lap of Nilgiri hills which means ‘Blue Mountains’, Ooty is a junction of three famous south Indian states Kerala, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu. It is a popular summer and monsoon destination of India which was discovered by Britishers. The Beautiful Hill station is bounded by the beautiful Blue Mountains and these mountains are the attraction of this place. Ooty is a charming and serene place where you can enjoy a walk and the only thing you will see around is beautiful mountains and greenery.
One can reach Ooty by road, rail or air. The nearest airport is in Coimbatore which is 100 km away from Ooty But the rail is directly connected to this beautiful destination from the rest of the country. Some of the famous destinations in Ooty are Nilgiri Mountain Railway, Doddabetta Peak, Botanical Gardens, Avalanche Lake Ooty, Pykara Lake, Upper Bhavani Lake, Ooty Lake, Pykara Falls, Ooty Government Rose Garden, St. Stephen’s Church, Shooting Point, Emerald Lake, Sanctuary Avalanche, Thunder World, Needle Rock View Point, Thread Garden, Ketti Valley View, etc. These are not enough places to visit in Ooty and we can’t describe the beauty of this majestic place. So what are you waiting for Just plan a trip to Ooty this monsoon season and enjoy your holidays in a serene environment in the lap of Mother Nature?
9) Darjeeling: – Darjeeling is one of a beautiful hill station located in West Bengal, India. This pretty hill station is situated on Shivalik Hills at an altitude of approx 6,500 feet above sea level. Darjeeling is famous for the tea industry and the tea garden of Darjeeling looks so beautiful when the sunshine falls on the tea leaves. The world’s highest peak of Mount Everest is visible from Darjeeling. One can catch the views of mountains slopes, landscapes with firs, a lovely tea garden in Darjeeling. The place has a beautiful culture and rich traditions. The place is rich in flora and fauna, you can see around 4000 different species of flowering plants in Darjeeling. The word Darjeeling has taken from the Tibetan word ‘Dorji’ which means ‘a place of the thunderbolt’. Darjeeling is bounded by Sikkim at its North, Bhutan at its East and Nepal at its west. Darjeeling has some of the best British- Style public schools in India. Many people visit Darjeeling every year from all over the world to see the beauty of nature and different culture. Another famous thing about Darjeeling is Darjeeling Himalayan railways.
Each season has its own charm in Darjeeling. Summer is, winter is cold and Monsoon is mist and fog. One can enjoy lip-smacking food in Darjeeling. Darjeeling is well connected with all the major cities of India with rail, road and Air. The best places to visit on Darjeeling are Darjeeling Himalayan Railway, Kanchenjunga Mountain, The peace Pagoda, The ghoom Monastery, Padmaja Naidu Himalayan Zoological Park, Singalila National Park, Tiger Hill, Observatory Hill, Batasia Loop, Happy Valley Tea Estate, Joey’s Pub, Neora Valley National Park, Mahakal Temple, etc. So what are you waiting for, plan a trip and enjoy your Monsoon season away from hectic life?
10) Manali: – Manali is a beautiful hill station settled in the lap of Kullu valley of Himachal Pradesh. Manali is situated at an altitude of approx 6398 ft above sea level. Manali is at the distance of 250 kilometres from the capital of Himachal Pradesh, Shimla in Beas river valley. Manali is famous for its scenic beauty of Himalayan Mountains, forests, temples and rivers. Solang valley is the most famous destination in Manali where one can enjoy adventurous sports activities like trekking, Skiing, paragliding and rafting. Manali offered pleasant weather in summers and freezing cold weather with snowfall in winter. Monsoon is also enjoyable in Manali with friends and family. If you want to avoid the jam of tourists and want some discounts in Manali then Monsoon season is best to visit this place. If you want to enjoy snowfall then you can visit Manali in the winter season. There is no direct train or flight to Manali so the best way to reach Manali is through road and you can hire a car with India Taxi Online and enjoy your journey while watching breathtaking views of mountains.
Manali has a lot to offer to tourists in every season. Each season has its own charm in Manali. Some of the Best Places to Visit in Manali are Solang Valley, Hidimba Devi Temple, Nehru Kund, Manali Sanctuary, Rohtang pass, Manikaran, Naggar, Old Manali. To catch the glimpse of this beautiful hill station you can visit here in Monsoon season and enjoy lovely culture and tradition with friends and family.
So what are you waiting for, pack your bags and go on a long trip to these beautiful places in this monsoon season?